Re: New Gforce card

In Red Hat I use the generic gforce driver not the gforce 4 driver.
 Then set colors to 16 as I could not get it to work with 24 bit color.
 That should start up just fine into X(assuming everything else is
correct).  After you get that going go to the site I mentioned and get
the tar files--"should" work.

Since you already have it set-up go into the XF86config-4 file and to
the display driver section, change "nv" to "vesa" (with quotes) and
default color dept to 16. save the file. then type startx.  If it
doesn't work send me the log file and I will take a look at it.

I hope I am helping- only been a 'nix user for 4 months or so.  I use
Debian now, so I do not have aRH install right now. If you need to go
ahead and email me directly. mhugo82@charter.net

Matt