Re: New Gforce card

I have the same card installed. The default RH8 install wanted to use
the SVGA driver in etc/X11/XF86Config-4. It needs the nvidia driver.
Make sure to not use init5 (graphical startup) You'll need to edit the
the config if it installs like mine did.

Section "Device"
        Identifier "My Video Card"
        Driver "nv"
        BoardName "Unknown"

This is the same on both my machines even though one is a TNT2 running
7.3 and the other is a gForce4 MX 440 and RH8.0

Um don't know about the nvidia driver. Just use the one that comes with
RH8.

Steve