Re: Preparing for zfs filesystem - wrap-up addendum

On Thu, 2013-06-20 at 19:36 -0500, Robert G. (Doc) Savage wrote:
My new filesystem does not automatically remount at boot time.

(7) With all the storms we've had lately, I quickly learned that the 'zfs create...' statement in step (6) mounted the zfs partition one and only one time. After successive reboots, I have to manually run:
# zfs mount pub
One thing I'm curious about, though, and that's all that cached hashed block data that resides in up to 16G of system RAM. When the system is shut down, that does not seem to be written anywhere. How is it recreated when the system is rebooted and the array remounted?

--Doc