modem question

Got a modem question here... can't seem to find any answers...

I'm trying to get my modem to to transfer a call to another extension.
with the initilization of ATZ, my modem appears to be happy with a chat
script being called via PPP to dial and transfer as I like.  If I try to do
the same thing within minicom, the flashhook seems to be instantaneous and
my phone system doesn't recognize it at all.

I've been trying to find what register or command will make the dialing
like what it is with my chat script with PPP

the symbol for flashook in a ATDT string is ! if that helps any

Matthew

Matthew Phelps Walker
mwalker@silug.org
http://www.silug.org/~mwalker/