Re: SCSI tape backup question

The answer ended up being... RedHat 6.2 stock kernel supported it, so ended
up upgrading the machine...

Downside, it wouldn't boot afterwards.  Turns out that the upgrade didn't
make an initrd with the cpqarray module, so I had to do a use the rescue
disk, mount the root partition, chroot to it for ease of use, and then do a
mkinitrd and configure lilo to boot with it.