Re: Comdex

At 08:15 PM 4/15/99 -0500, you wrote:

>Register on-line with the customer code 7496 if you can, and then try to
>get a printed response to take with you when you get there.  Otherwise,
>I'd have to mail you this form or something, ad we don't have time to get
>it to you.  I'm still getting mail from ZDnet offering free passes, so
>check out their site, and maybe you can find one there if nothing else.
>
>It's $100 at the door.
>
>-Kara

Thanks for the Reply Kara, I'm checking ZDNET right now.
On the comdex site, the online registration seems closed, I'll try to
locate a contact email and ask them.

This is what a get for being lazy, I guess.

Also I never have understood the high prices charged for something that can
be free.  Trade show and magazines are exceptional at this.  How many mags
have you ever gotten for free (you know the ones that they keep sending
you, for months or years after you never replied to the 5th 'last reminder
about renewing' ) that have some ungodly 'normal' subscription price.  Does
anyone really pay this?

I mean if it's free to the majority (anyone in the biz who gets on the
right mailing lists), then why $100 at the door, I might spend $20 or so
since I screwed up, but for $100, no thanks.

Do you know if this $100 door price includes anything worth it
(conferences, talks, things that are normally charged for, not included
with the free passes) , or is this just exhibit access?

Oh well.

Matt Wehland