Re: Meeting?

On Mon, 19 Jan 1998, Koree A. Smith wrote:

> Window managers?!  Hell, I can't even get X to run with my video card.
> Anyone know how to get X to work with a Diamond Stealth 3D 3000 card w/ S3
> ViRGE chipset and 4 MBs VRAM?  It just flips out no matter what unless I use
> the 16-color server (gotta love that nice sky-blue).  I'm using RedHat 4.2,
> and Xfree ver 3.2.something I think.  Whatever Xfree ships with Redhat 4.2.
> Any help is greatly appreciated :D

	XFree86 ver. 3.3.1 has support for most (if not all) incarnations
of the S3 Virge chipset.  rpms are available at any RedHat mirror in the
updates directory.  The one that I use is:

meathead.phys.ttu.edu /pub/redhat

Look for the redhat-4.2 directory, and then the updates/i386 directory.
Hope this helps.

As a side note, SuSE has taken over some of the development of X servers,
so check the link to their pages off of www.xfree86.org.

Richard H. Fifarek	SIU School of Medicine
rfifarek@som.siu.edu	Information Systems Center
"Lead me not into temptation, I can find it myself."