Re: Meeting?

On Mon, 19 Jan 1998, Koree A. Smith wrote:

> Window managers?!  Hell, I can't even get X to run with my video card.
> Anyone know how to get X to work with a Diamond Stealth 3D 3000 card w/ S3
> ViRGE chipset and 4 MBs VRAM?  It just flips out no matter what unless I use
> the 16-color server (gotta love that nice sky-blue).  I'm using RedHat 4.2,
> and Xfree ver 3.2.something I think.  Whatever Xfree ships with Redhat 4.2.
> Any help is greatly appreciated :D

Well, though I can't tell you exactly how, I have the Stealth 3D 2000
Pro with the S3 ViRGE chipset and 4 MB ram.  However, I've installed
Redhat 5.0.  Kernel 2.1.78 (.79 blows up).  I just installed this
weekend on my brand spanking new computer K6-233! Woo Hoo!  Anyhow, my
video works, in the words of the tiger...Grrreat!

Kara

PS guys, I think I gotta new job! Paid training, education, etc as a
network engineer! WhooHoo!