Re: linkdups

On Sun, Mar 13, 2022 at 08:33:02PM -0500, Robert G. (Doc) Savage wrote:
> I must have done something wrong. I went to
>
> https://github.com/silug/linkdups/blob/sqlite/linkdups
>
> and opened up the linkdups file, highlighted all 524 lines, and copied
> them into a vim file I named linkdups2. I saved that file to
> /usr/local/bin, chmod 755, and tried to run it.

FWIW, you can clone the whole repo with git, but also if you go to the
Code button/drop-down at the top, you can download a zip of the tree.
Also, if you open the file on GitHub, there are a couple of links at the
top to open or copy the raw file contents.

Of course, none of that is the problem...

> It failed immediately:
>
> # linkdups2
> Can't locate List/MoreUtils.pm in @INC (you may need to install the
> List::MoreUtils module) (@INC contains: /usr/local/lib64/perl5
> /usr/local/share/perl5 /usr/lib64/perl5/vendor_perl
> /usr/share/perl5/vendor_perl /usr/lib64/perl5 /usr/share/perl5) at
> /usr/local/bin/linkdups2 line 24.
> BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /usr/local/bin/linkdups2 line 24.
>
> Am I missing a package or two?

The error message says you are missing the List::MoreUtils perl module.
Do this:

    yum -y install 'perl(List::MoreUtils)'