Re: 3.0.0 kernel

Jason Schindler hit the nail on the head. Version numbers are usually a
very big deal in the public opinion, just ask Mozilla, with it's Firefox
5.0 release in June already.

I think they should take the step to 3.0. When I first started using
Linux, I was somewhat surprised at the low version number, even after 17
years of development. I know version numbers are usually kept low in all
FOSS projects, but when you do have something as big and popular as the
Linux kernel itself, and when you realize that most people associate
version numbers with project maturity, version 3.0 would be a step in
the right direction.

--
Thanks,
Thomas Boxley