Boot problem

My son uses Ubuntu Studio. He turned his computer on the other day and
this is what he got. His system wouldn't boot this system has his
Chemistry stuff, English and what ever else. So I can't nuke it and do
a fresh install. Can anyone tell me some scripts to run to possibly get
this system up and running again. I tried the help option and still the same issue. Please help

mount: mounting none on /dev failed: No such device
mount: Mounting /dev/disk/by-uuid/6e65bb61-1f14-45ab-b6e5-6dd3de22833f
on /root Failed: Invalid arguement
mount: mounting /dev on /root/dev failed: No such file or directory
mount: mounting /sys on /root/sys failed: No such file or directory
mount: mounting /proc on /root/proc failed: No such file or directory
Target file system doesn't have /sbin/init.
No init found. Try passing init= bootarg.

Busybox v1.13.3 (Ubuntu 1:1.13.3-1ubuntu11) built-in shell (ash)
Enter 'help' for a list of built-in commands.

(initramfs)

Thank you

Craig Ziegel

--