Re: LibreOffice v. OpenOffice?

This is really an issue even with Word. If you want your document to look the same no matter who opens it your best bet is to use PDF. OpenOffice/LibreOffice have an export to PDF option. If you use a Mac or Linux you can print to PDF and if you use Windows you can install a "PDF printer".

Keep this in mind should you need to send someone a resume. Also, keep in mind they may specifically require a certain format but if PDF is an option use it.

Of course, nothing is ever perfect and you may still get bit but PDF is far more consistent for viewing than DOC or even ODT.