Re: LibreOffice v. OpenOffice?

I used OpenOffice quite a bit while I was in college....until it bit me
in the behind.  It seems that not all word processors are created equal
after all.  I always checked my papers a couple of times before I
submitted them (I took online classes). For some reason, when my
professors opened them, the font was so huge that the text didn't even
fit on the page and the alignment was off, resulting in some serious
point deductions on my grade.  When I opened the files to check them,
they displayed fine for me.  After that happening a couple times, I went
back to Microsoft Word because it was affecting my grades.  This was
back in 2006-2007 time frame, so it's probably gotten better since then,
but I don't know how much I'd trust it now after that experience.