LibreOffice v. OpenOffice?

Has anyone here compared these two office suites and use them regularly?  I rarely need to use MS Office for school so anything simple that doesn't matter as to exact formatting gets done in openoffice currently.  Now I know Oracle bought Sun and now OpenOffice seems at risk of being discontinued so I was thinking of escaping Oracle and going to LibreOffice for my tri-system network.  Any thoughts or inputs strictly about the software and not Oracle and their "habits".

--
"You must control your future by taking command of your present, and fixing and learning from your past."

"When history is forgotten people don't realize when it repeats."

"Я - тот. Я - всемогущее. Я буду управлять по всем."