[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Red Hat vs Debian distros
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Re: Red Hat vs Debian distros
- From: Bill Weiler <email@example.com>
- Date: Mon, 02 Aug 2010 16:04:39 -0500
- DKIM-Signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:received:received:message-id:date:from :user-agent:mime-version:to:subject:references:in-reply-to :content-type:content-transfer-encoding; bh=7I9tRtRdZU7UaiRPPvda/1emjf2RY3lkAWLq8myvYvU=; b=IXOY1G/WQYiSoYT8jH2Z86Da9KsAS/rOOKnKbpZBnJKe588ucqPCLpacky5FO8/Rwc Qw5J1LSMbIWG+AzyQObOzPpoA/Oemyr1nHXsWiolRf0z3uWT5Gx7jcqASG67zko6V6JJ lRi48zqOM/OuugkrKEMtcGxiwiXN1hHmjpDGw=
- DomainKey-Signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=message-id:date:from:user-agent:mime-version:to:subject:references :in-reply-to:content-type:content-transfer-encoding; b=urbSGKVEYKt9wyUHsLYSBIwE6KVFpyI6mD4R6KWxOK1KMtaHdqMF0kLRKTVm6IlvFl p5r1I+V3hAl/qBD9I+lueqRucVLxXbDMbbPwtwdlH925piDNxcZV0pqaNiq3bAJfA2so pLd1DFOUFnL2EsiC9Wz2x5D0GPxAQCi6w6A0w=
- In-Reply-To: <4C563BFE.firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Organization: Southern Illinois Linux Users Group
- References: <4C563BFE.email@example.com>
- Reply-To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sender: email@example.com
- User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:18.104.22.168) Gecko/20100430 Fedora/3.0.4-3.fc13 Thunderbird/3.0.4
On 08/01/2010 10:31 PM, Kevin Thomas wrote:
> I was just curious as to which flavor of Linux people prefer.....Red
> Hat derivatives or Debian derivatives and for what purpose.
> Personally, I much prefer Debian based distros such as Ubuntu, Linux
> Mint, and Mepis. However, we only use Red Hat Enterprise Linux at
> work, which is why I'm currently trying to learn some Red Hat. I've
> installed CentOS 5.5 in a virtual machine so I can play around with
> it. Anyway, I was just curious to see what you folks prefer. Thanks.
> To unsubscribe, send email to firstname.lastname@example.org with
> "unsubscribe silug-discuss" in the body.
I use both Fedora 13 and Ubuntu on my laptops/desktop at home. I
like both of them. Ubuntu is easier to use for some applications but I
have been Red Hat fan since 5.2 so I tried Fedora 13 on an old desktop
and it works great. I had forgotten some of its advantges (both KDE and
Gnome in a single distro) and the RPM for package management.
To unsubscribe, send email to email@example.com with
"unsubscribe silug-discuss" in the body.