Re: Ubuntu v. Fedora (overall)

I think from a desktop usability perspective Ubutnu is far closer to
Fedora than Debian.  I use Ubuntu not because of what is under the
hood, but because it works on every piece of junk I try to install it
on with very little effort.  I have a pair of WWI german army boots I
picked up from a surplus store that runs Ubuntu like a dream!

I'm sure Fedora has probably gotten to the same point.  I just haven't
taken a serious look in a long time.  Ubuntu was there when I had
trouble with Fedora.  Everything still works so I haven't seen a need
to switch.