[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Ubuntu v. Fedora (overall)
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Ubuntu v. Fedora (overall)
- From: Wolfgang <email@example.com>
- Date: Tue, 23 Feb 2010 16:02:13 -0600
- DKIM-Signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:received:date:message-id:subject :from:to:content-type; bh=aoNVQp4cQ/lM7QViDPYl/iskVvY4qX0ew3WZ0IZd71M=; b=iouEutXweLiC+m30ysXqzJY+tmjBfh7O3hJutAw6WOhv2p7niT8/AY6iHVPm6IFjIf V909r0Y89vibEOpV+bxFDaHiBUIHIX+wiPGA0spAlYkPXKXUV3L/SZ7gkVnENfuuQgCT 2iOg2CzISuyddJg1l5r7Ldl5sjXUtVe79aiCU=
- DomainKey-Signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=mime-version:date:message-id:subject:from:to:content-type; b=lfblcuuvUlBe6E5GsOFOY+1mHavP/XliNBQg0SCMrlQVcpbvFxjIKSgqXfxWSKaNBY 3WwNsXy62btTop3IztkvtMePgKT9kdT2uQ2FTlaoKHtzuYUQ8UP5bJhpWQb1NADG3350 aRqg2oG4SAFhJxqsm7gLXSR0igLyXJmjTo7iA=
- Organization: Southern Illinois Linux Users Group
- Reply-To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sender: email@example.com
This debate could probably go on forever, but between the two which would be better for me, I started with Ubuntu, but since then have become more comfortable with terminal, so now anymore Fedora seems more usable to me (tried it before Ubuntu and switched to Ubuntu within a week). Ubuntu seems like it's getting commercial while Fedora is community supported (doesn't help Canonical doesn't separate its business version from its end user version like Red Hat and Fedora are). Most of what I do in Ubuntu will work just fine in Fedora. I won't do much until summer when I get a new laptop for college, so no major rush and I'll probably bring this up at a LUG as well, which will be March 20th for me, I have other plans for March 3rd.
"You must control your future by taking command of your present, and fixing and learning from your past."
"When history is forgotten people don't realize when it repeats."
"Я - тот. Я - всемогущее. Я буду управлять по всем."