Re: RHEL 5.2

There is no group Virtualization on 5.2. I googled the error, and found this:

http://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/linux-newbie-8/hi-all-672324/

Apparently their repositories are just off on this file, and the
suggestion was to just wait until they fixed it. This was a default
install (I didn't select packages, just chose default install), that
is why I was surprised to see this conflict. I don't use Xen, so it
doesn't hurt anything. It just annoying to keep having the security
update show up, but not be able to apply it.

On Sun, Oct 19, 2008 at 3:29 PM, Robert G. (Doc) Savage
<dsavage@peaknet.net> wrote:
> Tom,
>
> I don't think the Virtualization group is part of a default
> installation. I use VMware Server rather than Xen, so I intentionally
> didn't select anything from the Virtualization group when I first
> installed RLEL 5.0. Oddly enough, I do have the xen-libs 3.0.3-64.el5
> package installed, but nothing else with 'xen' in its name.
>
> To see what groups of related packages you have installed:
>
> # yum -y grouplist
>
> If you find Virtualization listed at the bottom under "Available Groups"
> you don't have those packages installed. For more info run:
>
> # yum -y groupinfo Virtualization
> Group: Virtualization
>  Mandatory Packages:
>   xen
>   kernel-xen
>  Default Packages:
>   virt-manager
>   Virtualization-en-US
>   gnome-applet-vm
>   libvirt
>
> To install these packages along with all of their dependencies, run:
>
> # yum -y groupinstall Virtualization
>
> Hope this helps,
>
> --Doc
>
> On Fri, 2008-10-17 at 23:05 -0700, Tom Dison wrote:
>> I have a new install of RHEL 5.2. It is trying to update Xen, but when
>> I does it gives me a dependency error:
>>
>> "Missing Dependency: xen-libs = 3.0.3-64.el5 is needed by package xen"
>>
>> This is a brand new install of RHEL, with a default selection. Any
>> idea why this would happen. This seems odd to me for a supporter
>> server.
>>
>> In several years of Debian/Ubuntu I have never had a package conflict.
>> Is this a norm?
>>
>> Faith without Works is Dead...

Faith without Works is Dead...