Wierd MTA problem!

Has anyone ever seen an error like this on an otherwise working email
server:

[IP] did not issue MAIL/EXPN/VRFY/ETRN during connection to MTA

I noticed the problem recently receiving [no] emails from eBay, but in
scanning the logs further I see other instances.

Some of the notes I have found indicate this could be from a spammer,
.. but the fact that no email *IS* received  from eBay seemsto indicate
this could be an actual problem.

Other email is coming in fine, .. suggestions would be appreciated!

	Lee