Re: failed dependcies

On Sat, Sep 03, 2005 at 02:54:36PM -0500, Casey Boone wrote:
> ive been having strange problems with /dev/* permissions with fc4, but i
> havent managed to put a finger on exactly what causes it

Hard telling.  Check /etc/udev.

> and the more i use selinux the more i HATE selinux (such as warn mode
> not really meaning warn mode)

SELinux is a great concept, but I will freely admit that it is *badly*
broken in FC4, even in permissive mode.

  sed -i -e 's/^\(SELINUX=\).*/\1disabled/' /etc/selinux/config

> but i usually just fix by hand the problems and keep using it.

Remember to report the problems to bugzilla.redhat.com, or they will
probably still be there in FC5.

(618)398-3000             | See web site for meeting details.