Re: Trimming away bad sectors...

On Mon, Nov 22, 2004 at 05:03:06PM -0600, mike808@users.sourceforge.net wrote:
> I've got this drive with a similar problem. It's a WD 120GB less than
> a year old, so I have no idea why it's getting hard read errors being
> of recent vintage.

Because WD makes just about the worst drives on the market right now?

Do yourself a favor and buy a nice cheap Samsung or (perhaps better
yet) Seagate and toss the WD in the trash.

BTW, there's a really good reason why IBM^H^H^HHitachi, WD, and Maxtor
all went down to a 1 year warranty on their desktop drives.  Samsung
has a 3 year warranty on everything, and Seagate recently went to 5
years.

(618)398-3000             | See web site for meeting details.