Re: Trimming away bad sectors...

Steven Pritchard <steve@silug.org> wrote ..
> Do yourself a favor and buy a nice cheap Samsung or (perhaps better
> yet) Seagate and toss the WD in the trash.

Cheaper than the $65 I paid for the 120GB WD at last year's CC BF sale? Where?

And speaking of, did anyone get the $35 250GB at this years? Or that 300GB SATA drive? Check FatWallet for details. FW rulz.

Sure the Samsungs and Seagates are nice, but they're not cheap in comparison to the WDs.

If I can buy two WDs for the price of a Samsung or Seagate, then a 2Yr warranty doesn't do me any good. And I don't even have either a cold spare or twice the storage.

Mike/