Re: Help with openoffice

Harold Crouch wrote:

>Nope, too early to quit.  You haven't had enough fun yet.  ;-)
>
>OOo is ported directly to FreeBSD 4.x and 5.2.  The download page is
>http://projects.imp.ch/openoffice/  How interchangable are ports
>between FBSD, NBSD and OBSD?
>
>You're telling us that the BSDs are able to work with packages
>intended for various Linux distros.  In that case, I suggest that you
>go to http://download.openoffice.org/1.1.0/index.html and download the
>Linux installer.

Harold, It's the downlaod that is the problem. I am on a modem. I can
get the Linux package and put it in the Linux emulation directory but it
is too big to downlaod. What I have here is  perhaps a broken package
for the linux build.
 I do have Open Office working on the FreeBSD laptop.

>  It is not a distro-specific installer.  I'm running
>Debian, and the generic installation was (is) trouble-free.

Ok that is what I will do tomorrow. I had thought the SuSE 7.3 rpm's
might be too old.

 I do have the commercial TextMaker running under NetBSD in linux compat
mode. So I can use that in the meantime.