Re: A little help for a newbie...

On Sun, 2004-02-08 at 16:09, Ken Keefe wrote:

> Downloaded and installed the kernel source for my Linux distribution,
> in this
>
> caseMandrake 9.2. – [How do I install the kernel source? I installed
> mandrake off of the three CD’s that I downloaded…]

Look in /usr/src/. You should have a directory there something like
linux-2.4.20-9 that should contain your kernel source. If not then you
will need to put them there. Put the kernel tarball in /usr/src and run
tar -xvzf linux-2.4.20-9.tar.gz, I think. Someone correct me if I'm
wrong

I'd bet they are already installed though.

Steve (non-new newbie)

Sorry, I was preoccupied with all the prattle about Dell and Microsoft
... ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.