newbie question?

Background:
I need a Linux command line terminal emulator to connect from ttyS1 on
my RedHat 9 workstation to a remote console port. In a Windows XP
environment the app would be hyperterminal connected through com2.

I feel so stupid, but I've never had a need before. Is there an app that
is a part of the default RH installation? I hooked up the hardware and
then sat here scratching my head.

For those of you who don't know me, I hate reading docs.

Sidebar:
Bonnie - how are your classes going? I have the Cisco router eSim
software, if you don't.

--
Stephen D Reindl <sreindl@apci.net>

This is a digitally signed message part