Re: MDK 9.2 out

On Wed, 15 Oct 2003 14:22:18 GMT, mike808@users.sourceforge.net wrote:

> The ISOs are not available yet on the general mirrors - only to
> MDKClub members for now. Of which I am a Silver member, and also have
> a license/access to the"PowerPack" ISOs, but am not able to distribute
> them.

non-disclosure agreement?

*cough*

But anyways, BitTorrent is a great new method of distributing stuff
large files like this. I know the #slackware channel on OFTC (of which I
am a regular) helped set up to distribute the new release of
Slackware via BitTorrent, and they received recognition on the front
page. Because Slackware doesn't have nearly as many mirrors as other
distributions (and thus, it is almost *impossible* to find a decent
slackware mirror,) BitTorrent really helped out.

p.s., sorry about not responding to your inquiry on the Truman State
lecture. I stopped checking my inbox for awhile, and when I had, I was
being nailed with Swen.W32 crap. Luckily I filtered most of that stuff
out eventually. Otherwise, I couldn't have gone anyways, since Lindbergh
was having a huge football game that night and homecoming was the night
afterwards .. along with having some other stuff going on. :)

--
scott c. linnenbringer    |  sl@panix.com
http://www.panix.com/~sl  | sl@moslug.org

PGP signature