Re: MDK 9.2 out

mike808 wrote:
>> also have a license/access to the"PowerPack" ISOs, but am not able
>> to distribute them.

Scott queried:
> non-disclosure agreement? *cough*

Nope. Inclusion of commercially licensed software that does not include
the right to copy and re-distribute. MDK negotiated a license for themselves
to do so from companies that do not offer their software under the GPL.

Specifically, things like the Adobe Acrobat Reader, Macromedia Flash Plugin,
perhaps the Sun Java VM, RealPlayer, nVidia Drivers, VMWare, Crossover Office,
Win4Lin, VariCAD, Fax2Send, Arkeia, etc.

See http://www.mandrakesoft.com/products/92/comparison for the differences.

No NDA involved. I'm just not licensed to make copies for anyone, unlike
the regular CDs. I believe that what I have is the "Discovery" version.
After I burn them, I'll check their licenses, as I see that the intended
"download" version looks like a "one CD" version, as I may not be able to
even re-distribute the 3 CD version. Which would 5uck. :(

> I was being nailed with Swen.W32

Odd. Since I've been Windows-free, I've never really worried about that stuff.
Please accept my condolences for your productivity loss. :)

> Lindbergh was having a huge football game that night

Are you in touch with or were part of the HSLUG folks?
They've kind of disappeared/disbanded.

Mike/