Re: Computer Stores in the St. Louis Metro East Area.

On Wed, 1 Oct 2003, Kara Pritchard wrote:

> On Wed, 1 Oct 2003, Steven Pritchard wrote:
>
> > Too much.  Apparently we can get a 64-bit PCI LSI Logic 53c1010-based
> > (U160) card for $50.
>
> Just a note, the distributor said this is the same as the Adaptec card...

	I have 2 of these LSI cards, and they actually work better than
an Adaptec 29160 I tested.  The SCSI BIOS isn't as slick/intuitive as the
Adaptec, but that may not matter to you.

	I use the sym53c8xx driver, had trouble getting the sym53c8xx_2
working.  Didn't dig very deep to find out why.

--
Richard H. Fifarek
rfifarek@silug.org