Re: Where did you start?

On Fri, Apr 04, 2003 at 03:06:02PM -0600, Adam Born wrote:
> I was wondering how you got your start, and what you used to better
> yourselves (besides the jump-into-the-deep-end-and-try-to-swim
> method).

That's *always* the best method.  Set up a box, try to use it, fix it
or start over when things break.

I can't decide if it is easier or harder to get started now than it
was 10 years ago (when I started with Unix).  I'm sure it helped that
I hadn't been raised on GUIs.  I can't decide if the limited
documentation available then was better or worse than the incredible
amount of documentation available now.  Back then, I could pretty much
get through everything that was readily available in a fairly short
time...