Re: Debian Troll

On Sun, 2003-02-23 at 14:47, James B Newby wrote:
> Well, you asked for a raise of hands for Gentoo.  I can't raise my hand
> on that one, but I can do a little trolling...
>
> What could possibly make Gentoo better than Debian?
Current versions of software in the stable tree.  Yes, I'm being a
smarta$$.  When I decided to jump from RH, I evaluated MDK, SUSE,
Debian, and Gentoo.  I quickly discarded MDK and SUSE for the same
reasons I disliked RH.  I finally decided on Gentoo for two reasons.
The stable tree had current software in it (gcc, xfree, kde, etc ...).
And I felt the the debian packaging was just a variation on rpm.  I'd
have the same problem, just different flavor.

John