Re: SourceForge drifting (?)

Sean /The RIMBoy/ wrote:
> C'mon Mike, give me more credit than what you just did.  I don't use
> Sourceforge for my projects, I hate the sourceforge interface, period.

That's all well and good. But,
1) You haven't written any code for SourceForge.
2) You don't use SourceForge for your project, and you hate the interface.

Explain to me again why your opinion about what VA does matters?

You sound pi55ed off about something, but claim you aren't actually affected
by whether VA goes under or not, and that it doesn't affect any code you write.
So what do you care, again? My point was you sound like you're whining that
you won't get your free slashdot, freshmeat, and yes, even the latest CVS
tarballs from your favorite SourceForge-hosted projects. Gee, sounds like
the free-as-in-beer glory days of Open Source are over. Boo hoo.

We already had this discussion from all the Napster users that want "free"
music. (Overpriced music is a different argument.)

Here's an idea. Volunteer to *pay* VA for hosting SF every time you download
something from there. Volunteer to *pay* to subscribe to Slashdot or
Freshmeat. Send the reporters that submit articles some real money instead
of soliciting for karma whores. Champion a vision where the users will *pay*
VA for the resources and services they provide to the OS community.
The shareholders have said they're tired of paying, and its their vote that
counts, not yours, because after all it's their company.

If you're trying to convince the shareholders of VA to continue to support
your vision of free everything all the time (no matter how idyllic or noble
'tis), you're certainly not doing a very good job selling the "entitlement"
approach.

Mike808/
--
perl -le "$_='7284254074:0930970:H4012816';tr[0->][ BOPEN!SMUT];print"