Re: Dell stops offering Red Hat on desktops

Sean /The RIMBoy/ said:
> Actually, the largest known Linux cluster is NCSA's Platinum, checking in
> at 512 nodes (1024 procs).  That said, 1024 is the next mark to break, and
> several places, including NCSA are working to break that mark.

Last I heard, Google was running something like 10k Linux boxes.
Granted, not in a traditional compute cluster...

The only mention I can find quickly of numbers on Google's cluster is
here:

    http://www.google.com/press/highlights.html

Apparently they "conduct more than 100 million searches per day by
building the web's largest index of web pages (over 1.3 billion),