Re: Sending to all users: Are we done yet?

Robert Threet wrote:

> I have been asked by management to send a message to
> all users, about 10,000.  Mailq says it's processing,
> I've checked a few accounts and it's there, syslog
> reports no problems...  However, it's been 40 minutes
> AND I have had a lot of problems with e-mail lately,
> so I am nervous.  Is there a way to monitor the
> progress?  I'd like to know where I'm at in the process.

I would suggest "mailq > progress.txt &" to use
the "mailq" command.  Then either view the progress.txt
file or run "wc -l progress.txt" to count the number of
addresses remaining to be delivered.  The progress.txt
file would contain all incompleted mail jobs.

stan r.