Re: FC7 panics on boot from USB

On Mon, Apr 14, 2008 at 9:48 PM, Roger Hill <unixman@charter.net> wrote:
>  I'd bet , changing your /etc/fstab line from "fc7" to just "/" and it might work ...

I tried changing the label on the volume, fstab, and grub.conf:

$ e2label /dev/sdb1
fc7

$ grep fc7 /media/fc7/etc/fstab
LABEL=fc7                /                       ext3    defaults        1 1

$ sudo grep =fc7 /media/fc7/boot/grub/grub.conf
        kernel /boot/vmlinuz-2.6.21-1.3194.fc7 ro root=LABEL=fc7 rhgb

Still no luck.

BTW, I reinstalled FC7 as an internal drive (/dev/hda) and then put
the drive into an external USB enclosure.  Got the same results.
Repeated with FC8, same thing.

I'm guessing something else is hard-coded to the original device when
it was installed.  But what and where?

Regards,
- Robert