Re: Semi OT: SANS in Springfield, IL

Richard,

I expect to go to the SANS Conference in Springfield.  I just moved into an
InfoSec position and I, and more importantly my supervisor, think this is a
good opportunity.  I'll be taking Security Essentials - Bootcamp Style.  The
curriculum covers a lot of stuff and it looks like it will be a long and
grueling week:  9-5 and 7-9 for five days and 9-5 on Sat.

Can you provide any insight or suggestions on how these courses should be
approached?  Have you considered working towards a SANS Master's?

I check out the SILUG discussions regularly and attended meetings several
years ago.

Hi Kara and Steve.  Hope you're recovering from the storm.

George Williams