Re: Linux & Wireless networking

Steve,

Any of those access points are in line with what I'd expected to pay ...
which one will work with a minimum hassle at my house?

I have a P-233 with MS Windows (TM) 98 Second Edition for my wife and
children, a P-120 with Red Hat 7.2 (no VMWare installed) as a firewall, and I
plug in my Sceptre laptop (Red Hat 7.2) several times a week to work from
home ...

That's the reason for the wireless ... I'd like to be able to take the laptop
anywhere in the house, but my firewall is just a bare bones box with no
VMWare ... maybe I should plug the access point into the MS Windows (TM) box?

Also, what card would you sell me to go into my Sceptre laptop's pcmcia slot?
(I assume this will be whatever card your using in your Sceptre ... I guess
it pays to buy the same equipment Steve uses and just wait for him to work
out the bugs)  ; )

jburke.