[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
SILUG: Second monthly Metro East meeting - Saturday, 6/18/2011
- To: email@example.com
- Subject: SILUG: Second monthly Metro East meeting - Saturday, 6/18/2011
- From: Steven Pritchard <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Mon, 13 Jun 2011 08:48:45 -0500
- Mail-Followup-To: Steven Pritchard <email@example.com>,firstname.lastname@example.org
- Organization: Southern Illinois Linux Users Group
- Sender: email@example.com
- User-Agent: Mutt/1.5.21 (2010-09-15)
The second monthly Metro East SILUG meeting for this month is Saturday,
June 18, 2011 at 4PM. As usual, the meeting will be at the Computer
Room location at 3720 Green Mount Crossing Drive in Shiloh.
Last week I found myself trying to work on a foreign system, and it made
me realize how dependent I am on a lot of common Linux utilities. (Not
that that's a bad thing... They're awesome. :-) While this experience
is fresh in my mind, I'd like to go over the basics of a bunch of these
tools, stuff like ssh, rsync, and screen. This will (hopefully) give
all of you an idea how I work, and why I can easily function without a
GUI, but I can't function without a terminal.
See you on Saturday. :-)
firstname.lastname@example.org | Southern Illinois Linux Users Group
(618)624-4440 | See web site for meeting details.
Steven Pritchard | http://www.silug.org/
To unsubscribe, send email to email@example.com with
"unsubscribe silug-announce" in the body.