[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
SILUG: Wednesday, 7/6/2011 Metro East meeting
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: SILUG: Wednesday, 7/6/2011 Metro East meeting
- From: Steven Pritchard <email@example.com>
- Date: Wed, 6 Jul 2011 08:10:28 -0500
- Mail-Followup-To: Steven Pritchard <firstname.lastname@example.org>,email@example.com
- Organization: Southern Illinois Linux Users Group
- Sender: firstname.lastname@example.org
- User-Agent: Mutt/1.5.21 (2010-09-15)
The next St. Louis Metro East meeting of the Southern Illinois Linux
Users Group is scheduled for *tonight*, Wednesday, July 6, 2011 at the
Computer Room at 3720 Green Mount Crossing Drive in Shiloh. As usual,
the meeting is at 7 PM.
The last Saturday meeting kind of didn't happen, so let's try again with
Last week I found myself trying to work on a foreign system, and it
made me realize how dependent I am on a lot of common Linux utilities.
(Not that that's a bad thing... They're awesome. :-) While this
experience is fresh in my mind, I'd like to go over the basics of a
bunch of these tools, stuff like ssh, rsync, and screen. This will
(hopefully) give all of you an idea how I work, and why I can easily
function without a GUI, but I can't function without a terminal.
Of course, if any of you have questions or anything, please bring them
up too. I'm sure there's some news we can talk about as well...
See you tonight. :-)
email@example.com | Southern Illinois Linux Users Group
(618)624-4440 | See web site for meeting details.
Steven Pritchard | http://www.silug.org/
To unsubscribe, send email to firstname.lastname@example.org with
"unsubscribe silug-announce" in the body.