SILUG: Wednesday, 7/6/2011 Metro East meeting

The next St. Louis Metro East meeting of the Southern Illinois Linux
Users Group is scheduled for *tonight*, Wednesday, July 6, 2011 at the
Computer Room at 3720 Green Mount Crossing Drive in Shiloh.  As usual,
the meeting is at 7 PM.

The last Saturday meeting kind of didn't happen, so let's try again with
that topic...

  Last week I found myself trying to work on a foreign system, and it
  made me realize how dependent I am on a lot of common Linux utilities.
  (Not that that's a bad thing...  They're awesome.  :-)  While this
  experience is fresh in my mind, I'd like to go over the basics of a
  bunch of these tools, stuff like ssh, rsync, and screen.  This will
  (hopefully) give all of you an idea how I work, and why I can easily
  function without a GUI, but I can't function without a terminal.

Of course, if any of you have questions or anything, please bring them
up too.  I'm sure there's some news we can talk about as well...

See you tonight.  :-)

(618)624-4440             | See web site for meeting details.