---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Sun, 28 Jan 2001 14:06:29 -0600 (CST)
From: Sean /The RIMBoy/ <sean@rimboy.com>

On Sun, 28 Jan 2001, GirlJunkMail wrote:

> http://www.planetit.com/techcenters/docs/desktop/news/PIT20010127S0002

FUD ALARM!

I find this interesting in a month when Baldy Bigmouth Ballmer (certified
clown w/out makeup) announced that MS was afraid of Linux.  As predicted,
this was the exact type of journalism expected in light of that
announcement.  Read page 2 paragraph 7 in regards to IBM's pledge.  It is
clear that the author does not understand what Linux is.  He just says
linux needs to make a profit.  Um, Linux is the kernel.  I'm not going to
get into the gnu jihad end of things, but it is clearly the alarm I look
for when a reporter does not undertand the topic at hand.

I could go on and on in pointing out what else is wrong with the article,
but I know we know it is FUD.

Can Linus do things better?  Yes.  Would we be where we are without
him?  No.

--
Sean...