RE: logging in as root via telnet

Actually I'm curious about this too, to some degree.  I notice the telnet
logins allocate a /dev/pts/? terminal.  Adding, for instance, /dev/pts/2
etc to /etc/securettys doesn't work either.  Hmmm...

Maybe edit the login.c code or such that check for if uid=0 check
/etc/securetty so it allows you no matter what.