KDE's PPP Tool

Since I've re-installed RedHat 6.2 from scratch I've run into a few
gliches I've forgotten how to fix.

How does one set up PPP so that a regular user can launch it?  If I log
in as a regular user (i.e. not root) I'm unable to launch KDE's PPP tool
- Kppp.  It works when I'm root but not as a user.  Never had the
problem before.

If it helps, I get the following message when I try to run Kppp from the
command line:

    Xlib:  Connect to ":0.0" refused by Server
    Xlib:  Client is not authorized to connect to Server
    Kppp:  Cannot connect to X Server :0.0