Re: Respin.iso

Brune, Charlie said:
> Hmmmm... so, if I have an old (classic!) Pentium, then I need just the i386
> directory?

The stuff in the i586 directory would also be appropriate for any
Pentium.

Basically the different i?86 directories (and I seem to recall seeing
an athlon directory somewhere) are just optimized versions of various
packages for various levels of x86 processors.  i586 should work for
anything >= Pentium (including Pentium compatibles from AMD, Cyrix,
and others), i686 should work for >= Pentium Pro (which includes all
Celerons, Pentium II and II, and possibly K6 and higher), and so on.
You only need one version, and the i386 version is always safe.

(618)398-7320             | See web site for meeting details.