Flames (Was Re: Is there any way this discussion group can labelthe messages wit h [SILUG] - {original subject title} )

I'm posting this reply directly to the list because I would like to
request that this sort of thing be stopped now.  I've been on this list
for over 4 years now, and I've never actually seen flames of any
consequence.  Maybe some course jesting, but never this.  The comment
"have you heard of filters" is not constructive.  It may very well be that
the person had not heard of filters.  And their choice of OS and mail
client would be much more appropriate for private discussion, but if it
had to be a public discussion, it could have been approached in a bit more
tactful manner.  Now, that being said, my point is this.  If you have
something to say, I would request that you say it tactfully.  And if
you're going to flame, direct it directly to the flamee.  I don't have
time to read your flames, and I don't really have time to be writing this
email, other than I'd like to see this list continue to be a legitimate
discussion group about Linux.  With the addition of the MVLUG people, the
size of this list has grown, and I know that population always makes
things like this more likely.  I'm actually glad to see the addition of
you guys from MVLUG, because it has sparked more discussion.  But, we're
all here to learn and to share, and let's keep that in mind.  If you're
not here to discuss things tactfully (both new and old members), I'd
suggest you take it elsewhere.  Direct flames to koree@ameth.org.  I'm
sure they'll be promptly sent to /dev/null.

(My comments are my own, and represent just my views, not the views of
SILUG or MVLUG)

My $0.05,

Koree

Koree A. Smith  | Co-Administrator, ameth.org
koree@Ameth.org | http://www.koree.net/
koree@koree.net | Linux Rules!
NT < *IX        | I Corinthians 2:1-5

Nous pensons que Linux représente à terme une menace pour Windows.