Linux Demo Day on 9/30

I have sent off for the registration information to participate in the
"Discover Fairview Heights Day" scheduled for 9/30 at Longacre Park.

Electricity is only available for restaurants serving food in 'the
pavilion'. So, either we need to talk them into pavilion space (after all,
computers will get hurt if it rains), or come up with a (quiet) generator.
(Or, everyone pull up cars and we can use the lighter plugs :)

We don't need to go all out for this event. I'll have commercial vendor
freebies available, but some local ones would be great. I'll have flyers
from distribution vendors and such available, but we'll need to put
together something about the SILUG umbrella before then. I'm working on a
raffle prize, but if one of the local companies involved would want to
donate something, I'm all for that. (gift certificates, for instance, go
over well).

I've not been to one of these events before, so does anyone know how many
people attend, or what the atmosphere is? If we aren't going to have
power, we'll need professional looking poster boards (or something) too...

When I get back from California next week, I want to schedule a BBQ social
here. Probably for the weekend following (8/26 or 27). We can discuss more
details and plan then. SILUG-Carbondale is also going to be having a Demo
Day at 7-10 Bookstore soon, so the BBQ will be a great time to discuss
merger stuff, schedule meetings, arrange topics, organize these events,
and otherwise meet eachother :)

Suggestions on scheduling, participation, volunteers, etc. welcomed ;)

- Kara