Red Hat False Partition Memory Error

I made an extra 4 gig partition with FIPS to install RH 6.1.

Installing RH, at Disk Druid screen...

I deleted the new partition to make room.  When setting up Linux partitions
am getting "not enough memory errors" even though the bottom of the screen
shows that 4,000+ M are available.  I can create a swap partition up to
over 2 gigs, but I cannot create any other kind of Linux partition.  Have
tried 1 gig, 16 M and as small as 1 M.  All get "not enough memory error"
even though plenty of memory is available and bottom of screen shows that
over 20 per cent of the disk is available.

I backed out and started using DOS FDISK to delete the new partition.
However, came to a point where it said "Delete Primary Parition" and didn't
have the courage to continue, because now I have two primary partitions and
I didn't know if DOS would let me choose which one to delete.

Am using relatively new Compaq Presario desktop and Windows 98.

--Chester