Newbie Install

Greetings,

I'm getting the courage up to install Red Hat 6.1 on a relatively new
made-for-Windows-98 system.  Instead of repartitioning a hard disk already
using over two gigs for Windows, I think I'll just add a hard disk for
Linux.  I have two IDE controllers:  One is controlling my hard drive with
the secondary spot open; and, the second one is controlling the DVD.  So I
think I'll make the Linux hard drive the secondary one on the primary IDE
controller.  Just throwing this out there in case someone throws up a red
flag and says there's a better way.

--Chester Langin