Unixware trubble - An X question

I am trying to get SCO Merge to work [it allows you to run Windows 95
apps on Unixware].  I am not having much luck.  I think I have figured
out the problem but I don't know how to fix it.  Unixware has a separate
superuser [owner] who owns the filesystem.  I cannot run 'winsetup' as
root because he doesn't have all of the necessary file systems rights.
I cannot run 'winsetup' as owner because he doesn't have rights to
display X apps [I think - see attached text of errors].

This is the same problem I had trying to run an X app remotely form one
Linux box to another [I think].  Help.

[attached]
Ran winsetup...

Xlib: connection to "unix:0.0" refused by server
Xlib: Client is not authorized to connect to Server
Error: Can't open display: deimos2:0.0

Ran instwin95cd...

An error occured while trying to initialize the VGA video
adapt.

  Hit any key to continue.

Finished first phase of installation.
Error 24: Windows failed the initial install.
Cannot continue. Exiting.