Linux Journal

Hello,

First I must say thanks for the free copy of LINUX JOURNAL
<http://www.ssc.com/lj/>, it is a great mag, and I have already started my
subscription.  They have a deal where you sign up for a free issue and then
if you pay in advance w/ a credit card, then you get another issue.  I got
the Nov, 98 issue, and it is very interesting.  I thought I had scanned it
and read all the good articles, but as I read the whole thing, I find it
all interesting.

Also I didn't catch names, who had the Wrangler and talked all night, and
who was the other guy?

Have you seen http://www.empeg.com/ ?

What do you think of it?

I think it would still be cool to do your own.  I am interested in turning
a computer into a home entertainment center.  Storing all CD's online,
recording off air for later use, all sorts of neat things.  Play back
different channels for different rooms and have seperate Amps in each room,
voice activation, wireless remotes, and touch screen interfaces where necesary.

Also the next meeting is monday, same palce/time right?
Have the differences of GNU vs GPL vs Freeware vs comercial been covered
lately?  I am really just interested in the small differences in GPL vs
GNU, but find the whole somparison interesting.  1 or 2 minutes should
cover it, I'd think it's fairly simple (not that I've never been wrong).

Thanks,

Matt Wehland