From: crumb@midwest.net <crumb@midwest.net>
To: silug-discuss@silug.org <silug-discuss@silug.org>
Date: Tuesday, February 02, 1999 9:24 PM
Subject: Hacking question

I am playing with overclocking my CPU (P 166) and I just
wanted an objective opinion.  I have been able to safely overclock
to 180 but in doing so, I had to decrease my BUS speed to 60 MHz
from 66.6MHz.  Do I gain any performance with a 180 chip on a 60
bus over a 166 chip on a 66.6 bus?  Any thoughts?  I'm getting
ready to buy a new motherboard and I have a good heatsink and
fan, so I'm not too concerned about "burning my PC down".