Re: which to buy...

Robert Threet said:
> I was going to buy Applixware 4.41.  It's $85 at CheapBytes but the
> Linux Office Suite 99 [by SUSe] is $69 and comes with Applixware 4.41.
> Am I missing something?  I want this to be able to read M$ Word & Excel
> stuff that people send me in the e-mail.  The Linux Office Suite 99 is
> not a stripped down or trial version is it?

I got the impression that SuSE's version wasn't the full Applix suite,
but I could be mistaken.  I'd check their site if I were you.

It could also easily be that Applix just charges more to get it
directly from them.  Also, like Kara mentioned, I think Applix ships
libc5 and glibc binaries that (should) install on any distribution,
where SuSE likely ships just libc5 rpms.

Of course, this is all wild speculation.  :-)

BTW, anybody tried opening M$ Ori^H^Hffice documents with WP8 yet?

(217)698-1694             | Meetings the 4th Tuesday of every month